Carpet Cleaning Arlington VA
What Carpet Cleaning Should and Should Not Do
It can be difficult to keep your carpet clean and spot-free. This is why it can be time-consuming and tedious to remove stains from your carpet. We are a carpet cleaning company in Arlington and we often get asked these questions: How do we remove stains from carpet? What DIY methods work best and which ones to avoid? And what are the best ways to treat common stains such as blood, soda, and pets?
These are common questions that we thought would be easiest to answer was to create a list. Here are some tips and tricks to help you treat spots and stains on your carpet.
There are some things you should know about how to remove stains from the carpet.
1. Blood. You should immediately rinse off any bloodstains with cold water as soon as possible. Make a solution by mixing 2 tablespoons of dishwashing detergent in cold water. For bloodstains that are particularly stubborn, Oxi-clean is a good option.
2. Ink. Use an alcohol-soaked cloth to gently rub the stain. Be careful not to rub too much. You can also use nail polish remover. Whatever solution you use, make sure you test it first on a small section of carpet and then rinse it off.
3. Pet stains and odors. First, pick up and blot the stain as best you can. Next, use a carpet cleaner that contains ammonia. It is specially marked to be safe for pets. Warm water, vinegar, and baking soda can be used to clean the stain. Avoid scrubbing the stain with a hot steamer or rubbing it with soap. This will make the stain more difficult to remove. To keep your pet's urine, stains, and dust away forever, you will need to have a professional remove the pet urine smell.
4. Water Soluble Stains. Use 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon ammonia to make vomit, wine, or chocolate. 5 parts water and 1 part chlorine bleach. Use gentle soap and water for wool-blend carpet.
5. You can use ice to freeze gum or wax. Then, you can cut the pieces with a knife. To remove wax, fat, and oil, iron the stain onto a piece of paper towel.
6. Apply rubbing alcohol to the stain with a cotton ball. Use a soft cloth to wipe off the glue.
7. Coffee. You should absorb as much as possible. Next, use 1 1/4 cups water and 1/4 cup bleach to remove the stain. After cleaning the area, rinse it and then dry it. Use a professional carpet stain remover company for carpets that have been stained by bleach.
8. Food, Cola, and Dyes.
9. Latex Paint or Washable Ink. To remove the stain, mix 1/4 teaspoon of white vinegar with 32 ounces water. Repeat as needed until it is gone.
Some carpet stains are impossible to remove with a DIY approach, while others require a more thorough cleaning. Arlington Carpet Cleaners is able to remove the most stubborn stains using our innovative cleaning process for carpet cleaners in Arlington, VA.
Arlington Carpet Cleaners
Arlington, TX, USA
(817) 754 5030